There is a huge demand for talented fashion designing professionals in the industry. To become a fashion designer and make a career applying for a course is a good option. The course offers in-depth knowledge in the field of fashion. The candidates completing this course can find many career options.
Fashion design offers a rewarding career option and is a rapidly growing industry. To make a career in fashion you can apply for a course. One of the courses is – Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design. The course provides training to the candidates to become fashion design professionals. It is a four-year full-time course.
The course trains the candidates through a range of activities and uses the theory, research, experiments and historical and critical approaches to teach the candidates. The B. Des. Fashion Design is taught by experienced faculty who are active designers.
The course highlights are as follows:
- The candidates are trained through a range of activities like industry visits, guest speaker, educational visits to places of artistic importance, master classes conducted by industry experts and more.
- The course teaches specialized and transferable skills like fashion design, development of garments, technical design, styling, marketing of fashion, fashion history, fashion journalism, research, projects and more.
- The candidates are also taught management skills through external projects and alternative sites.
- The course includes an industry internship in the seventh semester. The placement cell helps to find internship and placement opportunities for the candidates.
- The course includes personal development, fundamental skills, soft skills and more. The candidates can develop personal and professionally through these courses.
- The course consists of contests and forums. The fashion design candidates can show their work at these events.
Eligibility for the course
The eligibility for the course is 10 + 2 in any discipline from a PUC/ISC/CBSE board or equivalent education program recognized by the university.
The candidates completing this course can find placements in fashion journalism, fashion communication, branding and marketing, visual merchandising, textile design and more.
The candidates can make a career as fashion designer, costume designer for a production house, fashion buyer, fashion stylist for media, apparel production manager and more.
Skills taught in the B. Des. Fashion Design
- The candidates are given an intensive training in hand skills like drawing, sketching, illustration and more.
- The candidates are given thorough understanding of design. The course begins with the fundamentals of design and covers the latest design knowledge.
- The candidates are trained to develop a personal philosophy of design, understanding the sources of design and understanding the history of art and design.
The author is a blogger and likes to blog on the design and media courses. Here the author has discussed B. Des. Fashion Design course. For more information I recommend itm.edu.