There are different types of web hosting platforms through which we can access the cPanel account. Most SSD web hosting providers make use of cPanel. Like most web hosting providers in the market, HostGator also makes use of cPanel for controlling accounts.
cPanel is a popular, well-known control platform which helps you to manage web hosting server. It provides a user-friendly interface. It is especially popular with shared hosting. With cPanel, you can create changes very easily – no need for technical knowledge.
When a customer signs up with HostGator, they receive a username and a password for login into the cPanel. Using this username and password, the user can easily manage their accounts and change the cPanel password in HostGator.
How to Change cPanel Password in HostGator
To change the password for the HostGator cPanel is a very simple and straight forward process
In the process of change cPanel password in HostGator it is quite necessary to avoid any kind of unauthorized access.
To keep or maintain the security level of your account, it is advised to change the password at least once per month. In this cheap vps article, you will find steps of HostGator cpanel password change.
Steps to Change the Password of cPanel Account in HostGator
While you are going to change cPanel password HostGator, you should make sure that you are logged in into the cPanel. Use the current credentials for logging such as username and password.
After login into cPanel there will open one window. Now you will see a “Change Password” option on it, click on “Reset Password” option.
- After the completion of step 2, one window will appear and having a text box labeled as “Old Password”. You need to write the old password there.
- There will be another text box that is labeled as “New Password”. Now you need to write a new password that you want to set.
- Below that there is another text box, labeled as “New Password (again)”. Now needs to type the new password again to verify your password. It is necessary to provide a strong password. This may be a combination of alphabets, numbers and characters.
- There is a bar under the “New Password (again)” text box which shows the strength of the new provided password.
- Now there is availing the option of “Password Generator”. This option provides the user with a strong enough password.
- Now below there are text boxes, which is a checkbox marked “Allow MySQL password change”. This box needs to be checked.
- Another checkbox “Enable Digest Authentication”. This box need not be checked.
In the last step, you need to click on the “Change your password now!” button and your new password will be set.
Once the password has successfully reset changed you will receive a notification that your password has successfully changed. That email also contains your new password and now you will now be able to log into your cPanel account with the same password that you have just set. Now you have reset cpanel password hostgator.
Before proceeding ahead, you need to log in again with your new password.
How to Create a Strong Password:
A strong password is important to keep safe and secure. As mentioned earlier, you need to keep your cPanel account password strong to ensure security.
Here are some guidelines on how to choose a perfect password to keep your data safe and secure.
Remember that your password should be strong and easy to remember. For that, you need to consider the following points.
- Notable: One of the important measures is to have a password that is easily remembered.
- Long: The longer the size of your password, the more difficult it to remember. Going with a long password that can be remembered easily is easy.
- Complex: There are lots of variations in the characters of a password. A strong password should contain a combination of upper case, lower case alphabets, numbers and symbols in them.
Fast and reliable cPanel hosting:
cPanel is the platform for all major functions that keep a website up and running. Using cPanel, users can perform a variety of important tasks.
These tasks like setting up email addresses, uploading various files to your server, routing and connection domains, building and managing databases and many more. To change cPanel password in HostGator is a very simple process.
Together, reset password in cPanel with HostGator shared hosting is the best option for the easy-to-manage best reseller hosting services.