Cloud computing is without a doubt one of the most important workplace technologies around today. It has become so essential that most major enterprises and industries use it frequently to lower their capital costs and day to day expenses while enabling online powerful applications such as software as a service or unified communications as a service.
Organizations or enterprises often use a combination of public cloud and private cloud solutions in what is referred to as hybrid cloud and commonly have more than one cloud provider which is known as the multi cloud. There are many cloud orchestration companies that are offering handling different cloud orchestration accounts.
With so many types of cloud computing in use across an organization, there is a bit of complexity and the potential for these clouds to turn into a sworn with data as well as applications in use across multiple solutions.
Cloud orchestration in the Philippines is the process to manage these multiple workloads in an automated war across several cloud solutions with the goal of synthesizing this into a single workflow. Just like the orchestra, the challenge is to get all the instruments to perform at the same time and the same piece together, this makes cloud orchestration like the musical conductor that controls the performance and keeps it in sync and aligned. This is really a challenging task as cloud orchestration mainly involves diverse systems or ways across both public and private cloud solutions, which as they are often on a separate geographically state that requires a bit of managing the network that connects them as well.
A similar term to cloud orchestration is cloud automation. Cloud automation concerns the control of a single task such as launching a web server and to make it repeatable using an automated pathway with minimal operator intervention wherein the cloud orchestration involves the coordination of multiple tasks.
There are two models for cloud orchestration: single cloud and multi cloud. For a single cloud model, there are multiple applications, all get run on the same cloud service provider which is technically a simpler setup. The more complicated the setup but also more powerful the model is the multi cloud setup. Here, multiple applications which are located on different cloud platforms and multi cloud orchestration interconnect them so they can perform a single system with the advantage of high redundancy.
The cloud orchestration approach can provide some benefits such as:
- Capacity Increase – physical resources are coordinated with the virtual resources so that the capacity is increased for times of peak demand for rapid scaling just when it is needed.
- Better Connections – cloud orchestration provides interconnections to diverse devices which also provides more resilience.
- Cost Reduction – by coordinating the processes, it reduced the amount of IT resources required and the number of administrators on running the system.
- Efficiency – cloud orchestration simplifies the management of repetitive tasks using automation. This generally requires less IT staff so they can be reassigned for other tasks inside the enterprise.
- Support DevOps – cloud orchestration supports self-service portals which allows users to choose from different standard offerings. This facilitates innovation and efficiency for DevOps teams.